This machine is designed to cut POF bundles and connectors, light pipe components, or any other plastic piece in need of a high-quality finish.
• Heavy-gauge steel cabinet with swivel casters
• Cast iron used in construction for vibration dampening
• Plated metal used wherever possible for corrosion resistance
• Short, stiff load bath between tool bit and work piece mount
• Rotating and fixed cutter guards available
• Flat front for close work with finished assemblies and short pigtails
• Precisely machined, flat mounting surface with tapped holes to mount work piece holder.
• Valved air connection for air-operated work piece clamps
• Electrical connection for electrically operated work piece clamps
• Switched 24 VAC 60Hz circuit for dust collector.
• Precision horizontal table for mounting work piece holders, with adjustable height and furnished keyways and tapped holes
• Precision infeed slide for work piece holder mounting, with similar keyways and mounting holes to the horizontal table. Slide is fitted with an adjustable stop to limit infeed.
• Depth of cut sensor to control amount of material to be removed, with readout in Metric or English units
• Digital tachometer (rpm)
• Dust collector system, including contactor controlled by machine cycle
• Ball bearing balanced to ISO G-0.4 specifications
• Roughing and finishing speeds independently adjustable from 900 to 4800 rpm
• Two carbide roughing cutters
• Two diamond bits, for roughing and finishing
1. Rough cut, carbide cutters remove up to 3/16 inches of material, governed by interlocked stop
2. 1st diamond removes 0.005 inches of material
3. 2nd diamond removes 0.002 inches of material
3. Finishing cut: Feed direction reverses, and final cut removes 0.001 inches
Feed Mechanism: Air over oil, with infinitely adjustable rapid traverse and feed rate
Capacity: 140mm diameter maximum work piece machined surface
Weight: Approximately 500 lbs (without accessories)