DC-5 MBd RedLink® fiber optic receiver, horizontal orientation, 5V DC power supply, open collector output.
The Firecomms DC to 5 MBd transmitter incorporates a highly reliable resonant cavity light emitting diode (RCLED) and an integrated driver IC, and is housed in a miniature package to interface with plug-terminated lengths of plastic optical fiber (POF). It is capable of delivering 5 MBd digital signals over fiber in industrial conditions with a temperature range from -40°C to 85°C. These transmitter housings are compatible with Versatile Link-style fiber plugs.
This part is not recommended for new designs. Instead, FF-FR05DHCR should be used.
• Optimized for data transmission from DC to 5 Mbd
• Visible red RCLED at 650 nm
• Operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
• RoHS compliant and flame retardant (UL 94 V-0)
• Compatible with Versatile Link cables and connectors
• Blue receiver housing
• 5V DC power supply supported
• Open collector output with internal 1kΩ pull-up resistor
• Industry: Motor control, voltage isolation, drives, inverters, industrial control, gaming, medial imaging
• Communication: RS232, RS485, CAN bus, Modbus, Profibus
• Distance: 50 meter fiber run length using step index (SI) POF in typical operating conditions; 30 meters in worst-case conditions
Reference part number: FM05MHCR
More information on this product is available on the manufacturer's website, here.